The Moment

I’m not sure if everyone has this moment or if it is reserved for only certain people in life. This moment came to me as I watched a TV commercial for a new upcoming show on Fox called On The Lot. This particular show accepted short films submitted by aspiring filmmakers in search for the next big Hollywood director. Now I am pretty into film and video and after getting some knowledge dropped on me at film school, am pretty sure that I want to spend the rest of my life telling stories through this medium. I devoured every bit of that 30 sec preview. It stole all of my attention and when it ended and the next commercial played, I made the decision to get Tivo so that I can relive such glorious moments. That wasn't "THE MOMENT". You would think that my reaction would be something in the ballpark of excitement. Nope. I was so pissed. I missed it...my opportunity. I didn’t even get the chance to try. Now enter "The Moment". I decided that I was not going to be a passive leader anymore. For the past few years I have gotten by on a just having some good ideas, doing my job well and designing videos that people thought were cool. I wasn’t really leading anything. So I decided to change from being a "Passive Leader" to an "Active Leader". I want to be an innovator. I want to develop fresh ideas that help shape the way church is done. I want to actively pursue greatness not mediocrity. So here is a step. I have started a dialog with you. This blog is an effort to push myself to refine who I am and who I want to be. Not everything on here will have to do with church or production or film. It’s just an opportunity to share with you my life and pursuit of more.

2 comments:

Proud to know you my friend. I'm excited to see where this takes you.

July 18, 2007 at 12:02 AM  

Shove glad that you are up and running. I do want to request a post. You need to blog about the ladder and show the video. Just an idea.

July 18, 2007 at 8:12 AM  

Newer Post Home