Nickel Creek

So for my birthday last month, my amazing wife Talie got us Nickel Creek tickets at the Fox theatre here in Atlanta. Pretty much one of the best shows I've seen Nickel Creek perform. Bela Fleck opened up the night with just him and his banjo. One by one each member of Nickel Creek would come out and play one song with him and then leave the stage to make room for the next. That dude can shred some banjo like I've never seen. Its funny when you take all of the effects and amps out the mix and you allow the real tone and musicality to come out, it has this raw organic movement that affects you.

Watching Nickel Creek in the Fox Theatre under the simulated stars during one of their last shows for who knows when has earned its way into one of those unforgettable memories. Chris, Sara, Sean, and Mark were perfect as usual and with it being one of their last shows for a while, they seemed very nostalgic on stage. Sean Watkins is pretty much a freak at flat-picking.

Did I mention that my wonderful, amazing wife got us 8th row seats?

I've gotten to see a lot of amazing shows this year from my favorite artists.
John Mayer, Dave Matthews, Edwin McCain, Nickel Creek, and Sean McConnell (whom I'll write about in upcoming blogs)

P.S. They came out for the encore and played Toxic by Brittany Spears...Killer!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home